Petting a baby or rocking them every time can be stressful, especially for a working mom. As mothers, what can we do? We can’t leave our babies crying, we need to fix that, and that is where baby rockers come to play.
Before I had my first child, my friend told me about the importance of a baby rocker, but I didn’t buy the idea, however, when my baby clocked two months no one told me before I got one.
When you shop for your baby nursery, there are certain things which you need to take seriously. These things include a cot, wardrobe, carrier, walker, rockers, clothes, among other things.
Apparently, babies enjoy rocking. They feel happy, relaxed and sleep quickly when rocked. You can never underestimate the work of a rocker as it soothes the baby, rock the baby to sleep and perform other important functions.
There are various types as well as brands of baby rockers in the market, thereby making it difficult to choose one. This post will help you with baby rockers, prices and things to look out for when choosing one.
Main Points In This Article
Baby Rockers in Nigeria
I could remember a woman saying a rocker can never be like the natural human rocks the baby gets, and my question for her was How long do you think you can rock a baby for?
Honestly, babies are lovely creatures from God, but at times they can be annoying, especially when they cry. My baby will cry for minutes, but after rocking her, she goes quiet. How long can I do that for when there are other things to sort out?
As good mothers, we can’t leave our babies crying yet we want to spend our time doing other works. Getting a good baby rocker is the only option.
In Nigeria, there are many baby rockers in the market today. They come in different designs, brands, and types.
Since its introduction, it has become helpful to mothers as it doesn’t only save their time, it gets the baby to sleep and the toys, as well as the sound player on it, engages the baby.
When babies are on the rocker, their faces boom with joy and happiness. The need for this equipment keeps increasing daily in Nigeria as people are giving birth.
You hardly come by a Nigerian store selling baby things that don’t have a rocker, it’s everywhere because people keep requesting for it. So if you are making a list of things to get for your baby, endeavour to add the baby rocker to it.
This article will help you with the prices as well as other things about the rocker. Read on.
Prices of Baby Rockers in Nigeria
Baby rockers come expensive in Nigeria due to their high demand. Below are prices of some baby rockers in Nigeria.
- Mastela Baby Bouncer:₦10,000 – ₦15,000
- Fisher-Price Baby Rocker: ₦12,000 –₦ N15,000
- Universal Baby Rocker with Vibrator: ₦12, 000 – ₦20, 000
- Fisher-Price Baby Swing: ₦40,000 – ₦50, 000
- Graco Baby Swing: ₦45, 0000 – ₦62, 000
- Intex Baby Bouncing Castle: ₦45,000 – ₦52,000
- Chico baby Swing: ₦75,000 – ₦85, 000
Places to Buy Baby Rocker in Nigeria
In Nigeria, it is easy to get whatever you want at any market or store you want. Baby rockers are not left out. You can get it at departmental stores around you or even other stores where they sell baby items.
Things to Consider When Buying a Baby Rocker
With the number of baby rockers available in the market, one must be careful when choosing the one to buy. If you are ready to get your baby rocker, then you need to put some things in check.
There are numerous things to check when buying a baby rock as they determine the life span and usage of the rocker. These things include:
- Safety: The most important thing to consider when shopping for a baby is safety. Even though you are trying to get something to relieve your baby, you must look out for his or her safety. So, ensure the rocker you are going for is safe for your baby.
- Weight: The weight of your rocker must be able to withstand the baby’s weight. However, that doesn’t mean it should be heavy. It can be of a moderate weight which is not heavy to lift. It should also be of weight your baby won’t outgrow.
- Seat: The seat of the rocker should be comfortable for the baby. It should be soft and not harsh for the baby. It should also be a washable seat.
- Canopy: This is also important to look out for in a rocker. This protects the baby in case of outdoor use.
- The baby rocker must be a detachable one, for easy cleaning and mobility.
- The rocker should come with accessories to engage the baby and sound player to sing the baby to sleep.
These factors and several others are things to check when choosing a baby rocker.
Picking the suitable baby rocker for your baby should not be stressful for you again. With this post, you have all you need to get a durable and beautiful rocker at a reasonable price.
Why are you still waiting? Visit the market today to get one for your baby. I hope you find this post useful? Feel free to recommend it to your friends as well as families. Thanks for reading.