Are you looking for the right information on electric sewing machine prices in Nigeria? Search no more as we bring to you all you need to know about the machine.
As a fashion designer exploring the world of designing and making exotic garments, getting an excellent electric sewing machine is imperative.
It won’t only smoothen your dress-making process, but it will also give the perfect finish that every designer secretly wants to your work.
Dressmaking, as an art, has been in existence for centuries now. However, just like every other industry, it keeps evolving as time goes on, and in these recent times, art has become more exotic than ever.
As a newcomer in the fashion industry, you may want to find the perfect machine to aid your sewing.
You can, however, be an established designer looking to upgrade your dressmaking equipment, then you need to pay attention to this.
Surfing the web in search of that perfect sewing machine could be time-consuming and overwhelming.
So we’ve put together a comprehensive list of electric sewing machines available in the Nigerian market as well as their approximate prices.
Main Points In This Article
- 1 Electric Sewing Machines in Nigeria
- 1.1 Generic Electric Sewing Machine
- 1.2 Butterfly Domestic Machine
- 1.3 Generic Butterfly Portable Machine
- 1.4 Generic Butterfly Sewing Machine With An Electric Motor
- 1.5 Butterfly Sewing Machine with a Portable Detachable Table
- 1.6 Butterfly Mini Machine
- 1.7 Generic Sewing Machine
- 1.8 Brother Sewing Machine – Brother Lightweight JV1400
- 1.9 Janome Memory Craft 230E Embroidery Machine
- 1.10 Emel Lockstitch Industrial Machine
- 1.11 Emel Industrial Over-locking – Weaving Machine
- 1.12 Emel Industrial zig-zag/embroidery Sewing Machine
- 1.13 Where to Get Electric Sewing Machines in Nigeria
- 1.14 Conclusion
Electric Sewing Machines in Nigeria
The rapid advancements in technology didn’t leave the fashion industry behind, because, today we now have the best sewing machines in existence.
Meanwhile, good machines for making dresses mean more creative possibilities for fashion designers.
Unlike the traditional sewing machines whose operation are manual, these are automatic, and their operations happen electrically.
They are easy to operate, and this makes dressmaking, fun, much more comfortable, as well as exciting.
There is no need stressing yourself driving the machine, no back or led pain because everything happens automatically.
These new electronic sewing machines are fully automated. Some have LCD screens, and others come with a variety of artistic stitch designs.
Designs like double stitching, LED lights for working at night, the ability to make buttonholes, among other amazing features.
These machines offer more than creating beautiful garments, and they go as far as inspiring your creativity. Interestingly, these machines are available in the Nigerian market.
Generic Electric Sewing Machine
This is a mini sewing machine which is ideal for the beginner that is still taking sewing classes or a stay at mom for occasional dress-making. It is portable, lightweight and also, easy to use.
For a machine of its size, this compact electric sewing machine performs reasonably well, and it can act as a home sewing machine.
It has an on/off button to get it started, uses 4 AA batteries and comes with foot pedals. The price range of this machine is between ₦5,000 to ₦7,000.
- It has two stitching speed.
- It comes with a thread loop for your great convenience.
- Automatic thread rewind
- Forward and reverse sewing
- Tacks button
- built-in sewing light
- Use hand switch or foot pedal to start
Butterfly Domestic Machine
This is another ideal sewing machine for beginners and has very intuitive features. It is compact, lightweight and has an instruction manual to help you get started.
It comes with more complex features like making custom-sized buttonholes.
You can also use this machine as a home sewing machine. With this machine, you can make decorative as well as heirloom stitches.
It also has a free arm that allows you to sew in hems on pants and shirt sleeves with ease. This machine cost between ₦34,000 to ₦40,000.
- Multi-Function Zig Zag embroidery machine
- Built-in LED Pilot Lamp
- Quick winding Bobbins
- Free Arm
- Variable Needle Positions for Precise Top Stitching
- Four-Step Buttonhole
- Easy turn dial pattern selection
- 12 built-in stitches including a four-step buttonhole
- Stitch width adjustment and length adjustment ensures ease of use
- Drop feed for free-motion sewing and quilting
Generic Butterfly Portable Machine
This portable sewing machine from Butterfly is another great sewing machine for the beginner fashion designer.
However, don’t let this trick you into doubting it’s efficacy because it has an excellent performance.
The price range of this machine is ₦34, 500 to ₦40,000
- 14 stitch functions
- Top loading bobbin
- Auto set stitch length and width
- 4 step Buttonhole
- Free arm
- Maximum stitch width 5mm
- Maximum stitch length 4mm
- Instruction Manual
- Electric Power
Generic Butterfly Sewing Machine With An Electric Motor
This is a very popular butterfly sewing machine with a universal leg that can fit any other compatible machine head.
What makes this machine different from the traditional manual sewing machine is the electric motor it comes with.
The electric motor makes sewing smooth and fun. Just plug it in and start your stitching.
The exciting thing about the machine is that you can sew virtually any kind of fabric on it, including denim. This makes it an excellent tool for a fashion entrepreneur.
The machine is ideal for both the beginner and the expert designer. It can function either as a private or as a commercial sewing machine.
This machine cost ₦36,000 to ₦47,000
- Foot sewing machine
- Straight sewing
- Easy foot control
- Comes with a free sewing kit
- It comes with an Electric Motor
- Can sew all kinds of fabrics like silk, Denim, leather etc
Butterfly Sewing Machine with a Portable Detachable Table
Another portable electric sewing machine from Butterfly is this sleek and beautiful machine. This machine comes with an extension table that can be detached from the machine and doubles as an accessory box.
A long wire of about 79 inches is used for connecting the machine to a power source and another 47 inches long wire connects the machine to an electric source.
It comes with a coat for covering it so it can be protected from dust when not in use. It also has a light bulb for illumination when working at night.
The machine also comes with an instruction manual that provides clear instructions to aid its owner to operate it hassle-free.
It’s very intuitive, and a stitch selector allows you to select any stitch of your choice from 10 stitch types, including buttonholes. The price range is between ₦30,000 to ₦35,000.
- Can make buttonholes
- Has a light bulb for night sewing
- Comes with a detachable table
- Has an accessory box
- Ten stitches types
- Can sew a variety of fabrics
- Comes with an electric speed adjuster
Butterfly Mini Machine
The Butterfly mini sewing machine is an electrical multi-function electric sewing machine. It’s very durable with 1-piece aluminium frame skeleton.
This machine is straightforward to operate and performs amazingly well with double-needle sewing, free embroidery, as well as a 4-step buttonhole.
It also has built-in ten sewing patterns, reverse sewing, LED lighting and lots more. And you can adjust the sewing speed from the foot pedal. The machine cost between ₦160,000 to ₦425,000
- Speed control pedal
- Thread cutter and LED lighting
- Ten sewing patterns
- Thread tension dial
- It comes with free embroidery
- It has a non-adjustable foot pedal regulator
- Power to sew buttonholes
Generic Sewing Machine
This is another electric sewing machine from Butterfly, and it’s ideal for the beginner fashion designer. The machine has many features which both the learner and advanced designer can find useful.
The price range is ₦35,000 to ₦55,000
- LED sewing lights to help you sew at night
- 14 sewing patterns
- Auto set stitch length and width
- 4 step Buttonhole
- Free arm
- Electric Power
Brother Sewing Machine – Brother Lightweight JV1400
Another ideal electric sewing machine for beginners is the lightweight JV1400 from Brother. This machine is compact and easy to use.
It has all the basic features of an electric sewing machine; LED sewing light, top load bobbin, 4-step buttonhole as well as an instructional DVD to get you started.
The DVD aids better understanding of the machine. Price range – ₦60,000 to ₦75,000
- 14 Built-in stitches
- 4-Step buttonhole
- Auto set stitch length and width
- Free arm sewing
- LED sewing light
- Top load bobbin
- Dial selection
Janome Memory Craft 230E Embroidery Machine
This is an embroidery machine, and it comes with 73 in-built embroidery designs, an LCD touchscreen, as well as a memory system.
It has a USB port, built-in carry handle and many other amazing features.
This machine is portable with a small footprint, and its features make it great for any designer — price range – ₦200,000 to ₦275,000.
- 73 built-in embroidery designs
- Power to increase the size of embroidery designs by 20% and decrease by 10%
- Ability to rotate embroidery design by 1 degree or 45 degrees
- Embroidery speed up to 650 stitches per minute
- Built-in needle threader
- Multi-folder memory system
- Extra-high industrial-type presser foot lift
- Screen messages in 11 languages
- USB compatible: transfer embroidery from a PC using a USB
- Back-lit LCD touchscreen
- Bed-mounted carriage
Emel Lockstitch Industrial Machine
This industrial sewing machine from Emel is portable, reliable and very durable. It’s designed to deliver 5500 stitches in a minute, this is fast.
With an in-built advanced noise-decreasing device, it can work at this high speed without any noise.
This machine comes with a table, clutch motor, thread stand bobbin winder, machine oil, screwdriver, as well as instruction manual among other relevant items. Price range ₦90,000 to ₦98,000
- Designed for high-speed lockstitch sewing.
- It is used in all fabric sewing jobs for a high-quality finish.
- Complete set of accessories
- It has a table stand
Emel Industrial Over-locking – Weaving Machine
Emel is also an industrial sewing machine specially designed for weaving. It’s a three-thread over-locking weaving machine ideal for over-edging clothes for a fine as well as a smooth finish.
It can sew a variety of fabrics, from light to thick, without any trouble at all. It also has an automatic lubricating device which makes sewing with it a smooth ride.
This machine performs perfectly at low sewing tension and high-speed seaming as a result of this. It gives perfect stitches.
This Emel industrial sewing machine is an excellent asset to professional dressmakers and fashion designers as it can help you give each garment a refined finishing.
The Emel 737 is a very durable machine, and it will meet your professional tailoring needs. The price range is between ₦110,000 to ₦120,000
- Three-thread over edging machine
- Automatic self-lubrication
- High-speed seaming with low noise
- It comes with Industrial table, stand and clutch motor
Emel Industrial zig-zag/embroidery Sewing Machine
Another excellent sewing machine from Emel is this zig-zag and embroidery machine. This sewing machine is designed to make many beautiful stitches; it does more than zig-zag, lock-stitch, and embroidery.
With lots of decorative stitches, this industrial sewing is ideal for making female undergarments. Price range – ₦90,000 to ₦100,000
- Ability to make decorative stitches
- Automatic lubricating system
- Power to sew fabric,leather products,polythene,synthetic,sofa tents,cushion,etc.
- Its high lifting presser foot assures easy to input and output of material, for sewing both medium and heavy materials.
Where to Get Electric Sewing Machines in Nigeria
Buying the machine in Nigeria is easy. All you need to do when buying is to visit stores where they sell tailoring equipment. However, ensure to get these machines from reliable sources.
Who is a fashion designer without a good sewing machine? Now, you only don’t know about the manual machines, but you have sound knowledge of the electric ones. Tell me, why are you waiting? Get your money and visit the market to get yours today.
I hope you find this post useful, feel free to drop your comments as well as suggestions in the box below. Thanks for reading.