Are you looking for a Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) with great design as well as powerful performance? Ford Edge is what you have been looking for. The car has a soft spot in the mind of many Nigerians, especially with Ford Edge Price.
The car came into existence firstly thirteen years ago by the American car manufacturer, Ford Motor Company. When you mention SUV, Ford Edge is in a class of its own as it is one of the few SUV that Wheelchair Users can drive.
Over the years, productions of several models and versions of Ford Edge has been released. It is not uncommon to spot it on Nigerian roads. The Ford Edge is all-around stylish and classy. If you aim to get one, this post will aid you in the process as it will bring you the current prices of the Ford Edge in Nigeria.
Ford Edge Prices in Nigeria
Prices of the Ford Edge varies with each model and version. Since the beginning of its production in 2006, the SE, SEL, Titanium, as well as Sport version, comes as new models yearly.
Also, purchasing a used Ford Edge (either foreign used or locally used) is expectedly cheaper when compared to getting a brand new one.
Other factors that may affect the price of Ford Edge is the current currency exchange rate and custom tariffs when getting it cleared at the port. We shall take a meticulous look at the average prices of the Ford Edge in Nigeria today.
Price of Brand New Ford Edge
The brand new 2020 Ford Edge has a price range of ₦14 million – ₦24 million. How much you pay for it can also be affected by the version you’re going for.
For example, the 2020 Ford Edge ST is more expensive than the Titanium version. Prices of previous models that the brand new form can still be gotten fall within the given price range.
Price of Locally Used Ones
It’s easy to go for a locally used Ford Edge as it is quite cheap. However, you must ensure that the car is in good working condition before you make your purchase. The estimated prices of locally used Ford Edge is listed below.
- 2007 Ford Edge – ₦1.5 million – ₦3.5 million
- 2008 Ford Edge – ₦1.5 million – ₦3.5 million
- 2009 Ford Edge – ₦1.5 million – ₦3.5 million
- 2010 Ford Edge – ₦3 million – ₦5 million
- 2011 Ford Edge – ₦5 million – ₦6 million
- 2012 Ford Edge – ₦5 million – ₦6 million
- 2013 Ford Edge – ₦5 million – ₦6 million
- 2014 Ford Edge – ₦ 5.5 million – ₦8 million
- 2015 Ford Edge – ₦9 million – ₦10.5 million
- 2016 Ford Edge – ₦9 million – ₦10.5 million
- 2017 Ford Edge – ₦9 million – ₦10.5 million
- 2018 Ford Edge -₦10 million – ₦12 million
Price of the Foreign Used Ones
Foreign used or “Tokunbo” as Nigerians like to call imported used vehicles. Foreign used Ford Edge of different models and versions can be easily gotten in Nigeria. The possible range of prices for it is presented to you here.
- 2007 Ford Edge – ₦4 million – ₦5 million
- 2008 Ford Edge – ₦4 million – ₦5 million
- 2009 Ford Edge – ₦4 million – ₦5 million
- 2010 Ford Edge – ₦5 million – ₦6 million
- 2011 Ford Edge – ₦6 million – ₦8 million
- 2012 Ford Edge – ₦6 million – ₦8 million
- 2013 Ford Edge – ₦7 million – ₦8 million
- 2014 Ford Edge – ₦7 million – ₦9 million
- 2015 Ford Edge – ₦11 million – ₦14 million
- 2016 Ford Edge – ₦13 million – ₦15 million
- 2017 Ford Edge – ₦13 million – ₦15 million
- 2018 Ford Edge – ₦13 million – ₦ 16 million
Factors Affecting the Price of the Car
Certain factors affect the prices of Ford Edge in Nigeria and they include:
- Exchange Rate
- Custom Duties
- Cost of Importation
However, other things affect the price, and it varies based on the car(Brand New or Used).
Admirable Features of the Car
Ford Edge comes pack with mind-blowing features that will make you go for the car. Some of these features are:
- Beautiful Interior: All versions of the Ford Edge comes with good and stylishly made interiors. The comfort of the driver as well as passenger is adequately catered for with seats that can be adjusted to varying degrees. Whether you’re the driver or one of the passengers, the Ford Edge got you covered.
- Well-made Chassis: As an SUV, the Ford Edge strongly built chassis makes it suitable for rugged use. This good news for you if you drive a vehicle on Nigerian roads.
- Powerful Engine: The 2020 Ford Edge comes complete with a 2.7 litres EcoBoost V6 engine. It also has an eight-speed automatic as well as four wheels drive. This ensures you have an excellent driving experience. Also, other models have good engine options making them equally impressive.
- Spacious Cabin: The cabin is big enough to contain a large number of materials that you may want to put in it while you prepare to make that trip. Also, it can accommodate big luggage perfectly.
- Up to date features such as smartphone integration and information system. The 2020 Ford Edge comes with a navigation system that responds to gestures, swipes as well as voice commands.
- Fuel efficient: The Ford Edge is fuel-efficient, which is a good point for you to give consideration.
The Downside of the Ford Edge
The Ford Edge is a sturdy vehicle which Nigerians have come to love and admire. It is durable and rarely develops much fault. However, when it does build fault getting parts for repair for it becomes a challenge.
While car models such as Peugeot or Toyota have their parts readily available nationwide, the same cannot be said of the Ford Edge.
Where to Buy Ford Edge in Nigeria
The car is available at car shops and outlets across the cities. However, the best place to buy Ford Edge from is the authorised dealers where trust and reliability are high.
Trusted Repair Company of Ford in Nigeria
One of the things to keep in mind when driving a car in Nigeria is a reliable repair company as well as maintenance. The following companies are trusted repairers of ford cars in Nigeria.
- Elegance Motors Limited, Ikosi Ketu Lagos.
- Heromas Autos Service Egbeda, Lagos.
- Annasirre Mechanical Engineering, Fagge, Kano.
- Wingerton Concept Limites, Oshodi-Isolo, Lagos.
- Briscoeford Motors Port Harcourt, Rivers.
- Ford Allied Digital Communication, Ikeja, Lagos.
The Ford Edge remains a vehicle that is complete with cutting edge technologies. Its strong points far outweigh any downside. With this post, I hope you will consider this car. If you plan to get a vehicle for yourself or someone, it will be a great choice for you to go for.
I hope you find this post useful. Thanks for reading.
Originally posted 2019-09-19 05:00:12.