Are you planning to travel to Malaysia from Ghana and you don’t know how to go about it? This post on the Malaysian embassy in Ghana will assist you.
People love to visit other countries for various reasons. It could be to pursue one’s dreams, to further education, for relaxation and tourism or even to find love- the hard part.
Malaysia is a Southeast Asian country involving portions of the Malay Peninsula and the island of Borneo.
Beaches, rainforests and mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European cultural connections are features of Malaysia. One interesting fact about Malaysia is that it ranks as the third most peaceful country in Asia. Therefore, Malaysia is one of the most visited countries in Asia.
The capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, has the two most enormous skyscrapers in the world. Malay is the official language in Malaysia, but Malaysian English is widespread.
Malaysian’s currency is the Malaysian ringgit. Anyone visiting the country needs a visa to gain entry into Malaysia. Malaysia’s high commission in Accra is the only Malaysian representation in Ghana. It is the only Malaysian embassy in Ghana for the visa procurement.
So, if you are in Ghana and you need to do something that has to with Malaysian embassy in Ghana, this post will feed you with all you need to know. Read on.
Malaysia’s High Commission Location in Ghana.
- Address: 87,Noi Petreke Street West Airport Accra
Accra North, Accra
- Telephone: 233-302-763691, +233-21-783-087
- Fax +233-21-764-910
- Email: click here
- GMT: + 0 hrs
- Website: www.kln.gov.my/web/gha_accra/
- Working Days: Monday – Friday Working Hours: 8.00a.m – 4.00 p.m.
- Visa Counter : Monday & Friday 8.30am-12.00pm & 2.00pm-3.30pm
Public Holidays: Saturday, Sunday & Public Holiday
Also Read: Visa Free Countries For Nigerians: Travel Without Stress
Cost of Flights from Nigeria to the USA – Everything You Need To Know
Some of the services the consular provides include: passport renewal, birth or marriage certificate registration, registration of Malaysians as well as travel advisory.
You can apply for Malaysian visa at the appointed service provider, VFS GLOBAL PVT LTD located at VFS Global, No.9, Kakramadu Road, East Cantonments (Next to GOETHE Institute) Accra, Ghana.
However, the cost of various visa application for a visit to Malaysia depends on the duration of stay and the type of visa one needs.
Malaysian Consulate in Accra runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, Malaysia, as well as international citizens in Ghana. The Malaysian Consulate in Accra supports Ghanaian citizens through its consular aids if they:
- Need general or particular info concerning Malaysia economy, culture, sports, as well as education and more
- Require information regarding requirements and process of getting Malaysia Citizenship
- Specific contacts and information in Malaysia
- Want to apply and obtain Malaysia Visa
Some Amazing Facts about Malaysia.
- Climate: The country has equatorial Climate amidst temperature ranging from 21 °C to 31 °C in significant cities. On the highlands, the temperature is more relaxed and classifies from 16 °C to 24 °C. A person can choose to escape the heat of the towns by running up the highlands. Driving transit time varies from 1 hour to 3 hours depending on which highland you visit.
- Time zone Malaysia has one standardised time zone, which is Greenwich Mean Time + 8 hours.
- Malaysia consists of 13 states and three federal territories. Peninsular Malaysia has 11 states as well as two federal territories. However, two states and one central area are in East Malaysia.
Your Malaysia Visa Requirement
Aspirants need to recognise the following terms and instruction when submitting their application to the Consular Section, High Commission of Malaysia for Malaysian Visa procurement:-
- The request must be presented by the applicant individually to the High Commission not later than one (1) week before the time of the flight. No representative or agent is supported.
- To fill in the Visa Form (IM.47.PIND.12/93) with the applicant’s phone number inscribed on the top as well as append two (2) recent passport photographs.
- Valid passport for at least six (6) months from the expiry date and one (1) copy for reference.
- Your health Certificate (Yellow Fever Vaccination) and one (1) copy for reference.
- Valid return air ticket to Malaysia for a two (2) weeks stay one (1) copy for reference.
- Evidence of a secured accommodation in Malaysia with the full address.
Travelling to Malaysia for Business/Official Purposes
The following documents are needed from people going to Malaysia for business or official purposes:
- Letter of introduction from the applicant’s company/office in Ghana declaring the goal of the visit to Malaysia.
- Applicant’s company registration as well as a certificate to begin a business with one (1) copy for reference.
- Applicant’s business original bank statement of account for at least three (3) months before the date of application. However, the bank statement must reflect sufficient fund (not less than $2, 000.00) for the applicant’s intended stay in Malaysia.
- You need a letter of invitation to Malaysia by Malaysian business counterpart or company. This invitation letter must be sent instantly either by post/fax to the Consular Section of the High Commission before the applicant offers their visa application.
(b) Travelling to Malaysia for Social/Holiday
However, if you are going to Malaysia for vacation, holiday, party or any social purpose, the following must be presented:
- You need a letter of invitation to Malaysia by family, relatives or friends in Malaysia acting as your referee. The invitation letter must be sent directly each by post/fax to the Consular Section of the High Commission before the applicant tenders their visa application.
- Your original bank statement of account at least three (3) months prior the date of application proving adequate fund (not less than USD2, 000.00). This fund is essential.
- Visa fee bases upon the first nation of the applicant or passport holder as well as fee as posted on the High Commission’s notification board (GHC6). Always ask for the receipt after you make payment.
- Non-citizen living in the Republic of Ghana must have a Ghanaian resident permit.
Processing of Application
- Visa application will take two (2) working days from the date received and for Group Visa, within three (3) days.
- The Consular Officer may interview an applicant for further assessment should the need arise.
Finally, a granted visa is no guarantee that the holder will be allowed to enter Malaysia. You should keep the same documents as mentioned above in case of questions by the Immigration Officer at the point of entry.
Remember that the final verdict lies with the Immigration Officer at the entry point. Also, note that the trafficking of illegal drugs carries a death penalty in Malaysia.
Please ensure to follow the rules for safety and have a nice trip to Malaysia.
Now that you know about the Malaysian embassy in Ghana, things they do, how it goes and other things. Visit their office today or check their website for more information.
I hope you find this post useful, thanks for reading.
Originally posted 2019-08-27 10:52:29.